Saturday, April 14, 2007

Fantastic, Incredible Chicken Parmesan


A while back, Fantastagirl posted a recipe for Chicken Parmesan. She said the recipe came from Mr. Incredible's mom. (I hope she doesn't mind that I'm writing about it here; I wasn't able to get in touch with her yesterday to ask permission.)

Under the category of "back story with too much information", a long, long time ago, I tried a frozen version of Chicken Parmesan. Either I was already getting sick, or I got sick from it. Either way, it was many years before I could even think about the combination of breaded chicken and pasta sauce together. Even now, I tend to avoid this kind of dish whenever we go out for Italian food, in favor of creamy white sauces.

But I have to admit, I loved this dish! I tried to stay true to the recipe, but in the end had to make two changes. I used cornflake crumbs instead of cracker crumbs, because that's what I had on hand. And I cut the amount of Parmesan cheese from 3/4 cup to 1/3 cup, because of Spouse Guy's dislike for "stinky cheese". Otherwise, I made it just as she posted it.

We served it over pasta, with a salad and some garlic toast to go with it. This is definitely one for the "keeper" file.

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

Am glad you liked it and that it turned out!