Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Going Back To Work

For those of you who don't read my other blog, I've been hired by a food service company that has a contracted with a local university. They've hired me to be their baker and on-campus caterer, but I'm sure I'll be helping with everything else, too.

The position allows for more flexibility and creativity than one might think, and I've already been encouraged to bring in some of my favorite recipes that might be adapted to serve 300 or so students and faculty.

The kitchen is being revamped now, and I start on August 9. Maybe even a few days sooner. In the meantime, I'll be trying to get some things done around here to make my transition back to work more easy. In particular, I'm going to be "cooking ahead" and freezing some meals that will be quick to heat and eat later. I'll share those with you as I make them.

I hope to keep up on my regular posts, too.

2 comments:

Anne Coleman said...

Good luck! I'm always so torn on food service--it's such a HARD job, especially working for someone else.

I hope you can keep up posting, too!

Blogarita said...

I tried getting a cleaning business going; great money, but wasn't getting any calls and then found out someone else was using the same name I'd chosen.

I could have gone back into an office environment, but I just found out I have (mild at this point) osteoporosis, and think it'd be better if I was up and walking around a lot.

I had a job very similar to this one, baking and catering for a catering business, and I really liked it. I only quit it because we moved. I'm hoping this turns out to be a similar job. And it pays more. :)