Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fried Zucchini

I love fried zucchini. I usually just dip the slices of zucchini in beaten egg and then flour, then pan fry them, but this time I decided to use a crumb coating and deep fry them. I like the flavor both ways, but I think deep frying makes a better looking dish.

When I made Fantastagirl's Chicken Parmesan, I had crumb coating leftover, which I stored in a zipper bag in the freezer. I added a little seasoned salt (1 t. seasoned salt to 1/2 cup breading) and used it to bread the zucchini.


Fried Zucchini

2 cups cracker crumbs
2/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
Seasoned salt to taste
2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/8" to 1/4" thick slices
2 large eggs, beaten
Peanut oil for frying

Heat oil in deep fryer to 345°.

Combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan, salt and paprika. Add seasoned salt to taste.

Dip zucchini slices in beaten egg, then coat with seasoned crumbs. Fry in hot oil, in batches of about 5 - 8 slices, until golden brown, turning once.

Drain on paper towels, then serve.

Makes 4 - 6 servings.

4 comments:

Cherry said...

I love fried Zucchini. Although I can't take much of them due to my weight issue. It's nice if you combine it with mayo - cheese dressing.

Blogarita said...

Cherry: A little dipping sauce sounds like a lovely addition. Thanks for stopping by.

Christo Gonzales said...

tasty,tasty

Anonymous said...

Place the rolled dough into your pizza pan. The dough should be a little bigger than your pan and you can use a knife to cut the excess or else use your thumbs to curl and roll the extra dough inward to create a thicker crust. Your thumb can press indentations, creating a fluted design, like in pie crusts. Pizza Equipment Sale