Monday, May 14, 2007

Shrimp On The Barbie


I decided to make some shrimp kabobs on the grill yesterday (yeah, it was Mother's Day, and I still cooked...but I wanted to, so it's all good).

I didn't use a recipe, but just put together kabobs from whatever I could find in the fridge. The veggies are green pepper, chunks of yellow squash, onion and chunks of pineapple. I brushed both the shrimp and the veggies with this Ginger Dressing. I love it on salad, but to be honest, I couldn't taste it on the kabobs once the food was done. Next time I'll probably use some kind of an Italian dressing.

Because shrimp cooks so quickly, I skewered the vegetables separately and put them on the grill about 10 minutes ahead. I served the kabobs over orzo pasta (could use rice) with a side of steamed broccoli.

I was a little hesitant to post this, because on first taste, I thought it was a little bland and could have used a sauce of some kind. But with a sprinkle of salt and garlic powder, it perked right up, and the more I ate, the more I started wishing I'd made more!

No comments: