Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Pixie In The Kitchen

Pixie of Pixie's Temple asked recently if I would take recipes submitted from other bloggers. I thought it sounded like a fun idea, so I asked her to email me with the recipe she had in mind. She says it's quick, easy, kid-friendly and tastes delicious.

If anyone else enjoys cooking and has recipes to share, feel free to email them to me and I'll probably use them. Photos of the dish are optional but always welcome.


Pixie's Meatloaf Muffins

1 lb. ground beef
1 box Stovetop stuffing mix
1 cup water
2 eggs
1/2 onion, diced (optional)

Mix together all ingredients. Divide among 12 muffin cups that have been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes. During last 5 minutes of cook time top with Chili Sauce (or ketchup) if desired.

9 comments:

Blogarita said...

Pixie, I plan to try these, probably next month. Do you have any of those flexible silicon muffin pans? I don't have any, but I would think they'd be great for this recipe.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

I only have the metal ones but found that if you run a large tablespoon (not the measuring kind but the serving kind) around the rim of the muffin cup they pop right out.

Tug said...

This looks like something kids might love - I passed it on to my daughter.

Violet said...

how 'bout the recipe for that low-fat roasted corn and crab soup that i mentioned on my blog? i already have the recipe all typed out if you want to add it.

Blogarita said...

Tug: I'm thinking Sparky might like it, too.

Violet: I'd love to post it! Send it on, and I'll put it up on Thursday or Friday.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Violet—that sounds great! You can email it me if you want.

Fantastagirl said...

Pixie - that sounds really good - I'm gonna have to try this sometime.

Bluepaintred said...

do you pre make the stove top stuffing? id like to make these for supper tonight!!

Bluepaintred said...

I just put my "momma you makin' meat pupcakes?" in the oven

thanks pixie!