Thursday, March 1, 2007

Bourbon Nut Pie


I had a small unopened can of mixed nuts left from Christmas, and I've been wondering how they'd be in a syrup-based pie in place of the traditional pecans. So, I found a recipe, made some changes and came up with this.

I forgot to snap a picture before I cut into it! Even with peanuts in the mix, it's delicious, but I think if I try it again, I will use the "fancy" mixed nuts without peanuts.


Blogarita's Bourbon Nut Pie

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 oz. (1/8 cup) bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (5.5 ounces) mixed nuts (chop them if you like, I didn't)
9" pie shell

Heat oven to 375°.

Cream sugar and butter in medium bowl.

Add eggs, syrup, honey, salt, bourbon and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in nuts.

Pour filling into a pie shell; bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center of pie comes out clean.

Let cool completely before cutting.

Makes one 9" pie.

No comments: